Thursday, March 3, 2016

Actively searching for God's call

As I write this from the back of an unlicensed shuttle hurtling from Klaipėda to Riga at 1:30 a.m., I find myself becoming reacquainted with a sense of adventure that sometimes gets lost in the daily grind.

That's not to say the daily work we find ourselves doing at LCC isn't also a "worthwhile adventure" -- on the contrary -- but the ebb and flew of university life can become a bit predictable -- somewhat like the sea's tide.

However, for the next 10 days, I will be on the road. Destination: Spain.

As you may recall, we had the good fortune of visiting a thriving Anabaptist community in Burgos, Spain, last fall. Alisha and I met many incredible people, had some meaningful conversations, and began developing a sense that this could be where God has been preparing us to serve while at LCC.

This trip, I will be spending some good time with congregations in Barcelona and Vigo before attending a church leaders' retreat in Madrid. From what we were told last trip, Burgos is doing well but other communities are aching for more support. Perhaps we can learn if our giftings match the needs of these communities "on the fringes."

Prayer would be appreciated at this time. I've been asked to preach at the church in Barcelona this Sunday, which is both exciting and a little scary. This will also be the longest I've been away from Alisha in quite a while -- especially now that she is soooo pregnant. In her words, "I'll be a house when you get back!"

I plan on posting about the trip again after I return but, until then, keep making the world a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment